How you can best support your child this year in Amethyst class.
Parents always ask me how they can best support their child at home, and in Amethyst class I think these are some of the most important things to consider, not necessarily in any order;
- The school day is very long and our children get tired. Let your child play and relax after school.
- Play that is outdoors and active is far better than in front of a screen.
- Play is still so very important for the developing 7 year old. Through play children build up so many important skills.
- Read with, or to your child as often as you can. Children do build up their reading skills just as well by being read to. Talk about what you are reading, and don't be afraid to go off the point! Talk is such an important skill too!
- Help your child find a quiet space for homework. Don't let them spend too long on tasks. I would suggest 20 minutes for the spelling homework and 20-30 minutes for the Wednesday homework.
- There are some great ideas on this webpage from the National Trust . Click on this link to have a look-----
- 50 things to do before you are 11 and 3 /4.