What makes Dormansland Special ?
At Dormansland we are proud to be able to offer a wide variety of activities which go beyond the National Curriculum. We feel these make us rather special. We are proud to have received official recognition as a ‘Parent Friendly School’, a Healthy School and to have gained the Activemark, Eco-School Bronze and International School awards.
What makes Dormansland different ?
Just some of the things we do :
- French is taught to all children from the age of four.
- Our own ‘Learning Platform’ – a password protected private website where children can continue with their learning outside school.
- Child care offered at our After School Club from 3.15 to 6.00 pm daily.
- Fully equipped I.C.T. (Information, Communication & Technology) Suite.
- Interactive whiteboards and projectors in all classrooms.
- Music is integral to school life, with specialist teaching and several public performances each year.
- All children are taught to swim before they leave us.
- Well supervised, residential trips for children in Years 4, 5 and 6.
- Regular after school clubs and events, e.g. Football, Netball, Golf, Choir, Judo, Hovercraft, Yoga, Cross country and Maths.